9.17.2011

skin update

        So it's been nearly two months since my dermatologist appointment. I just wanted to say that it's been working and I am so so happy. Now maybe I'll get one zit a week and if so it's a tiny one and it's just a clogged pore that's clearing. Yesterday my sister's friend came over and I didn't really have time to do my makeup so I just greeted her without any foundation or concealer on and wow that was an amazing feeling. Granted, she was only 11 years old but I would never have been able to do that before. I don't feel like people are grossed out by my face any more, and I can feel pretty every day.
        I wonder if I stop taking the antibiotics and applying Tazorac if it will come back? I will probably have to stick with the Tazorac but the antibiotics I should be okay without and I don't want to build resistance to it anyway. When I make out with BD I don't keep having to position myself in a way that my makeup won't rub off revealing my face in a certain area. It's just super dumb to have to think about and I'm so glad that that problem has been resolved. I still have a lot of acne scars everywhere and occasionally peeling, but it is so much better. The hyperpigmentation should pretty much be gone in a few months, and I won't have to be such a cake face then which is really exciting. It's just an unbelievable feeling to not feel miserable whenever I look in the mirror. It's more of an internal change than anything really. Yay!
-T.

1 comment: